This is the charm of a houseboat holiday and along these sheltered waterways you can cruise where you want at your leisure. What's more houseboating is so easy! Some of the other attractions are:
- The historic town Wiseman's Ferry
- The charm of the Hawkesbury as it winds it's way down through Spencer and Berowra Waters or back upstream towards Windsor ( see the cruising area)
- Historic Sites both aboriginal and first settler
- The tranquility of the Colo River
- Many secret fishing spots (mostly Jewfish, flathead, bream, bass and perch upstream towards Windsor)
- A various selection of restaurants at Wiseman's Ferry, Berowra Waters and Windsor
- National Parks (Yengo, Dharug, Cattai, Marra Marra, Muogamarra, Kuringai)
- At Cattai National Park, many wild native birds and animals can be seen roaming free close to the picnic areas
- Ebenezer Church "oldest church in Australia"
- Great Northern Road and "Hangman's Rock"
- Riverbend Restaurant 02 4566 4422 (bookings essential)
- Majestic rock formations and scenery
- Beautiful birds, wildlife and flora
- Bar Island ruins and picnic area
- The "Parramatta" shipwreck
There are 3 golf courses close by to the Able Marina, all 3 are accessable by water.
- Wisemans Ferry Golf Club to book a round contact 02 4566 4422 or email email@example.com
- Del Rio Riverside 9 hole Golf Course 02 4566 4330
- 'Riverside Oaks' PGA golf course and clubhouse 02 4560 3220
SPEED BOAT HIRE
WATER SKI AND WAKEBOARDING SCHOOL
- Wisemans Ferry Water Sports 02 4566 4544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sydney Ski School 0418 224 611 or email email@example.com
- Black Diamond Wakeboarding School 02 4566 4511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Troy Ireland is a local trawler, when available he will be happy to deliver an order of fresh prawns, for enquiries phone him on
There is so much more around and our friendly staff are always happy to point out a favourite spot or three!
|Wisemans Car Ferry||Wisemans Ferry BBQ area|
The Old Great North Road walk is located 500 metres up from Wisemans Ferry Ferry, on the Northern side of the river
To 'visit' the Ferry Artists, click here